Friday, August 26, 2005

My Baby Boy

It seems like only yesterday…. I was 9 months pregnant, waddling around on the verge of popping, hot, tired and loving every minute of it. Now my little man is about to turn 3. My how time flys. And now, for those of you who are interested, I will enlighten you on how he came into this world.
My due date was October 4. On August 30, 2002, 2:00pm, I went for a regular check up. Note: I still had 5 weeks to go. My blood pressure was thru the roof and I was ready to stroke at any given moment (literally). Of course they immediately admitted me for observation and to get my pressure down. After several hours, they decided it was in my best interest and the interest of my unborn child to induce the following morning. The nursery wasn’t painted, I didn’t have a crib, I hadn’t packed my bags….Hell, I hadn’t even began to get ready. I still had 5 weeks left, for crying out loud. At 8pm the doctor came in to check me and I was already in labor. Still in the womb, he was already doing things his way. With the help of very little medication and NO epidural, he arrived at 4:47am, August 31st. 4 lbs. 7 ozs. and healthy. He was small, but strong. Absolutely no problems for such a tiny little thing. 8 days later, he was home. He was and still is such a blessing. And here we are, 3 years later. It’s hard to believe my tiny little bundle of joy, is now a strong willed, independent, trying, “I’ll do things my way!”, 3 year old. Before I know it, he’ll be asking for the keys to the car.
So, I sit here tonight, wrapping presents, preparing for tomorrow’s big party, and looking back on the last 3 years…..my baby boy is growing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home