Saturday, August 20, 2005

Rock Climbing........

Today was the annual festival for the small town in which I live. Brooklet Peanut Festival. A small town celebration of the peanut harvest. I wish they would put it off another month. It’s always as hot as forty hells. And that’s why I usually skip out on all the fun. It was the first time I’ve gone in several years. Now that my little one is old enough to enjoy it, I figured, why the hell not. And it was time well spent. There were lots of ‘firsts’ for Justin. His first parade, first kiddie ride, first cotton candy.
There was also a first for me. The ROCK CLIMBING WALL. I’ve always wanted to see if I was capable. Being a tomboy.....I was a natural tree climber as a child, so I knew I had it in me. And I was told by my closest friend just the other day, “You have toes long enough to hang from tree branches”. AML….apparently you were right!!! Unfortunately I was in flip flops so the only option was to go barefooted. I scaled the wall like a pro. To the top in no time at all. The hardest part was letting go and propelling down. With a couple of second thoughts, I managed to put my trust in the cable and let go. Quiet the rush for a small town girl who’s never done anything adventurous. Sure I’ve been on my fair share of roller coasters and done some really crazy stuff. But nothing like bungee jumping or skydiving. Who knows….This may lead to more wild and crazy adventures. Only time will tell!
Well, I will try to keep up with posting. Thanks to all my friends for encouragement. Soon I will have this blogging thing down pat and my writing skills will become more refined.
Take care of you. Until next time……

N:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home